Thursday, September 20, 2007

My World Has Just Crumbled Around Me and Now I'm Trying to Put the Pieces Back Together

I had to give myself a couple days before writing so my blog didn't become some vulgar mess about my living situation.
I'm currently sitting in one of my favorite spots. The library's quiet area.... with my headphones on listening to Bach and Mozart. Ahh peace at last....
I have been hiding for the past couple days and I just realized this yesterday. Instead of going to my apartment and suffering in the awkward hostile environment, I have been running away to my work places, home, library or out with my friends. Last night was the first time I have slept in my apartment in almost 5 days. I was locked out of my own apartment two nights ago. and had to sleep at a friends house at 4 in the morning. But the roomies and I chatted yesterday.
After being a wreck for 2 days I sat down with them at 2:15 yesterday and we talked. They told me things that they hated about me and vice versa. It was very stress relieving and strange. We came to the conclusion that we could not live like this for much longer and we had to change. I have to tell them my schedule and when I'm not coming home. I feel like I'm 10 but whatever makes them happy. We are moving into a 3 bedroom apartment across the hall so that I don't have to share a room anymore. I'm not aloud to sleep all day on my day's off, but as soon as I have my own room I will sleep and not sleep whenever I damn well please. I will have my own bathroom and we will have a task list. I have the option to leave after this semester. Which quite frankly I was contemplating getting my own apartment tomorrow but I wasn't aloud to get out of the lease. Ugh
I was desperate for someone to tell me what I should do. I talked with all my friends my mother and brother. All I got was "do whats best for you." And I honestly could not make a decision. I was loosing my mind. What's best for me?? I guess I don't really think about that to much, but at the same time I'm very independent and think for myself. I don't know if that even makes sense, but I do care about all my friends and family before myself. This week in my life has been all about me. It was all I could think about. I felt like I was at a break in the road where it divided in two.
Like in Robert Frosts Poem The Road Not Taken "
"
I shall be telling this with a sigh

Somewhere ages and ages hence:

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference."

My mother told me that when I was older I will look back on this and laugh. Truly I didn't know what I was going to do. I still have the same decision awaiting me at the end of the semester. Whether or not I should move out and get my own place or live another semester in misery. It may seem minute but it can make all the difference...Happy or not?

No comments: